Friday, June 18, 2010

Boy Toy by Barry Lyga



A guest review from Teen Room Staff Jeremy!

This was a rather interesting read that is outside of my normal genre, however I still enjoyed it. It's the story of Josh, a violent genius of a Senior in high school, who, at age 12, was seduced and used by his history teacher. Throughout the novel not only do you learn about Josh's experiences with his teacher, but you also get to witness how he deals with flashbacks of his time spent with said teacher, and how he deals with and eventually overcomes them.

Like I said before I really enjoyed this book, even though it's outside of my normal genre. It's definitely intended for a more mature reader, however, so I would steer clear of it if you're not looking for a book with some steamy moments.

--Jeremy

***

No comments:

Post a Comment