Friday, May 22, 2009

Piano for Dummies by Blake Neely


A guest review from Teen Room staff Jeremy!

Piano for Dummies by Blake Neely is an incredible guide to both the basics and more advanced styles of piano. Blake Neely takes the reader through an enormous range of amazing descriptions, witty comments, and wonderful ways to remember chords and key positions. The book also includes a list of scales that also includes pictures showing where the fingers should go on the keyboard. The back of the book even includes an index of some of the more well known piano players including Billy Joel and Elton John.

I am currently using this book to try to teach myself how to play piano, and to be honest it’s going fairly well. I’m progressing at a slow rate, but that’s due to a need to do homework and play my guitars rather than learn piano. I plan on dedicating a lot more time to piano this summer, and with this book as my guide I should become fairly proficient.

--Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment